Thursday, May 17, 2007

My first post

I would like to share one of my many hobbies with you. I was first introduced to running in 1983; this was during my high school career. I continued running road races during my Jr. College years, and through my time at Fresno State. Once hired as an Art teacher at L.H.S., I continued running with my cross country and track teams I helped coach. I naturally came to the conclusion that I really wasn't as fast as I use to be. So I decided to take on the next best thing besides running short road races, and that was running marathons. Three years ago I trained for and ran my first marathon in San Diego. I’m currently training for my third marathon this June. Since Jan. I've been running 6 days a week. I cross-train on Mondays and sometimes take the day off. With my longest runs on Sundays. I've been really excited about running ever since and I would love to share my experiences and thoughts with anyone who is thinking about running for fun.

2 comments:

Fish Out of Water said...

I think running is the hardest thing to do in sport. You have to be extremely mentally tough to run mile after mile. I could never do it.

Scott Sailor, EdD ATC said...

It takes a special person to enjoy running. I never understood the joy in it, especially when I would see the XC athletes coming across the finish line druelling, vomiting, etc. You really have to push yourself to do this.