Sunday, May 27, 2007

Watch out for dogs!

I have always bragged about how lucky I’ve been after being chased by dogs. I've been chased numerous times but never really seriously close to being bitten. Well today that all ended. I was finally a victim; a dog finally bit me. I went on a 12 mile run today around 6:30 p.m. along side a canal. I've been running on this course for the past 12 years. Since then I've made peace with the local dairy and neighborhood dogs. But today out of nowhere this dog ran up from behind and bit me on the top part of my right quad. I felt this warmth and then a bark; I turned around instantly swinging at the dog. He stopped turned a round and continued running back. Luckily there was no blood; I was shocked, relieved and somewhat disappointed. I felt like a coward, I normally confront any challenging dogs. But this one caught me off my guard. My advice to those who listen to Ipods while on the run, keep the volume low and keep a lookout for any probable danger. Keep running and remember to replace your running shoes often.

No comments: